Monday, June 4, 2012

Playin' With Da Beans -- a Memory

One morning, several years ago, I was feeding our then-baby boy while sitting on the couch.  I looked up to see our little beautiful blonde girl sitting on the floor in front of the glass front door.  The golden slanted morning sun was streaming through, filled with specks of dust.  She kept slowly, gracefully lifting her pudgy little pink hands into the sunshine, then she would carefully wave her little hands through the dust motes floating in the sunshine. 

I asked, "Allie?  What are you doing, honey?"

She answered, "I playin' wiff da BEANS!"

"Beans?  What beans?"

"Mama, da SUNBEANS."


5 comments:

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Lovely memory! Dreamy image...I suddenly recalled my older daughter (maybe four?) lying in the sun by our slider, patting a pillow, causing little specks of dust to float up into the "sunbeans". I had completely forgotten that--thank you for jiggling that thought loose to be enjoyed again.

V and A said...

aw, that is so sweet

Sanstrousers said...

How sweet!

Mrs. G. said...

I wish I still had child eyes. I reclaim them now and then but only briefly. What a lovely memory.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Lovely post and photo.