Saturday, September 8, 2012

Massage Is My Next Thing

I'm a brand-new Massage Therapy student!  Did I tell you that?  Yup.  I'm in a very intensive 3-semester program here in town.  I'm totally psyched.

Here's how it rolled out:

I got my transcripts to the office (I think I'm gonna win for most post-high school credits in an applicant this year), and sent in my ONE PAGE application.  And tah-DAH, I was in.  It was absolutely the easiest college application I've ever done. 

Classes started -- theoretically -- on Aug. 26.  I showed up to class, and found 5 other people there also waiting.  We waited and waited, to no avail.  Whoops.  Class didn't start until Monday.

Our first class was on Monday, and was Body Systems for Massage.  Basically, "here's what is under the skin that you're rubbing!"  I love it.  I got to say "golgi bodies" out loud!  For a good reason!  I was very satisfied.

The next day was hands-on Massage I.  We simply chose partners and put our hands on them and ... felt.  Just stood still and touched their backs, their heads, their spines.  We breathed.  We thought.  It was... fantastic. I felt natural doing it.

I am delighted. 

1 comment:

ilyanna said...

So proud of you! Congrats on finding your calling.